Who doesn’t love a blender? It’s sort of like a magical machine that makes your smoothie dreams come true, amongst other things. But the biggest question is how to clean a blender? There are some easy ways to clean your blender, keep it stain-free, new as always, and hygienic everything we will explore in this article.
Why You Need A Blender?
Well, a blender makes your work easy, quick, and less complicated. Add some chopped fruits, liquid, and other ingredients you like to make your favorite smoothie, juice, or anything else. No more wasting time chopping, no more loathing on consuming your greens, and no more spending hundreds of bucks on drinks.
Just delicious bliss, straight from your magic machine. Yes, I know how much you love owning a blender and how proud you’re of it. The only thing that may bother you is how to clean a blender quickly and easily? So let’s get started.
Read More Related Post
- Magic Bullet Vs Nutribullet – Which Is Best?
- Do Smoothies Lose Nutrients Overnight?
- Nutribullet Vs Vitamix – Which One Would Best?
- Best Travel Blender Reviews In 2021
- Different Types Of Blenders For Everyday Use
- Top Rated Blender For Smoothies Review In 2021
- Disadvantages Of Smoothies – The Ultimate Guide
- Best Blender For Bulletproof Coffee Reviews In 2021
Why Should You Clean Your Blender?
As much as you love the blended smooth drinks, cleaning the blender afterward can be troublesome. If not cleaned properly, it can leave behind dried-on smoothies, chunks, and bits sticking on the corners. And if kept for long, cleaning them can become one hell of a frustrating task.
Imagine you need to instantly use your blender and find dried-up food pieces sticking on the edges; you must first clean it using a scrubber before using it. Cleaning a blender may seem challenging, especially cleaning the insides. But once you know how to clean a blender properly, it will be quite easy.
The sharp blades are like an obstruction while cleaning, which might cut you accidentally, leading to injury. You may have to take everything apart for a few blenders, then clean the insides, along with each part individually. Yes, I understand the frustration. But thankfully, here’s a quick and fool-proof method of cleaning your blender in less than a minute.
Quick Method To Clean Your Blender
I will discuss both the cleaning methods, one without dismantling the parts and the second after dismantling the parts. I hope it will be useful for you. Even you can read this extra resource for cleaning your blender.
01. Cleaning without dismantling the parts
Things you’ll need:
- Lukewarm or hot water
- Dish soap or liquid
Make sure that the water is not too hot or boiling. We only need medium hot water to make the cleaning process easier.
- Once you finish blending your drinks, smoothies, or milkshakes, fill the blender jar with water halfway through.
- Add the dish soap or a few drops of the dish liquid you normally use to wash your dishes.
- Place the lid on the blender, and turn it on. You can also hold the lid with a towel if you want to avoid leaking issues. Let the blender run for 10-15 seconds. By this time, the hot water and soap combination will easily scrape off any sticking pieces and clean even hard-to-reach parts in the blender.
- Then, turn off the machine, take out the lid, pour the hot water into your basin, and simply rinse it.
There you go, your blender is as good as new. No more annoying dried chunks and bits sticking to it. As an extra step, you can use a scrubber and mildly scrub the insides of the machine. You’ll be surprised at how clean your blender got in less than a minute.
02. Cleaning by dismantling the parts
The above method is the easiest and life-saver solution, but every once in a while, you need to dismantle the parts of your blender and clean them individually. Otherwise, bacteria and mold may accumulate, which poisons your food and destroys the blender’s parts. Let’s learn how to clean your blender thoroughly.
Things you’ll need:
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Sponge or scrubber
- In the first step, you should mix equal parts of water and equal parts of baking soda in the jar and let it run for about 10-15 seconds. This will thoroughly clean the insides while also scraping away any accumulated or dried food particles.
- Next, dismantle all parts of your blender by resetting the assembly of parts and take them out. Remove everything, including jar base, blades, motor base, and jar lid.
- After this, you need to clean the jar’s insides with dish soap and use a sponge or scrubber to give it a nice scrub.
- Once you have finished washing the blender with soap, rinse it well and leave it to dry completely.
- Now, take other parts of the blender like the blades, jar base, gasket seal, etc., and repeat the above step of cleaning with soap and water, rinsing it thoroughly, and drying it.
- Clean the motor base of the blender with a damp or warm cloth. Always make sure that you don’t submerge this part in water. Along with this, wipe the cord also to make it squeaky clean.
- Once all parts have dried, reassemble them, and your blender new as before and ready for use.
Maintenance Tips For Your Blender
If you don’t have enough time to do a thorough cleaning, you can follow the tips and tricks listed below to ensure that your blender remains clean, fresh, and durable.
- If not using for longer periods or regularly, ensure that your blender is stored in an adequately ventilated area.
- You should know if the cord or plug is damaged, take caution not to use the blender to avoid any potential injury or further damage to the product.
- Do not overload your blender; only add food in the required amounts.
- After your use, store your blender in a dry area.
- Do not keep the items in the blender as it may lead to odor, which will not go away easily.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the blender’s exterior parts after turning off the machine and removing the plug to avoid any shocks.
- Make sure not to run the blender empty. You must put some food items inside while operating it.
By following the simple maintenance tips, cleaning process, you can keep your blender clean, hygienic, and long-lasting. I hope you understand how you should clean your blender and you should maintain it. If you take good care and maintenance even the cheapest blender can give you very last longer performance.
I’m a food and cooking enthusiast and I love testing new kitchen gadgets almost as much as I love eating new, different exciting foods. Most of the time I try to taste new recipes even sometimes I cook. But if I don’t then I go to my computer and start writing for my blog or research for other kitchen products manually. I believe the kitchen and food are an important part of our everyday life. That’s why I spend tons of time on it and learned a lot about it.